Since year 2008 is gonna end in 2 days and I'm quite free at the moment, I shall compile my happenings for the whole year in this post, which is also apparently my first time doing so.
Super long post ahead hehe
1) I ended the year 2007 by having a sleepover at Boon's place together with a few others and started out 2008 together by having Bak Kut Teh at Klang
Ok I donno what sign is that but anyway Edwin was supposed to join us but he was in overseas so too bad.
2) Suddenly, I found myself at home on a Saturday evening so decided to join my sisters at The Curve for dinner with Greg, which was then a friend I hardly know.
Dinner at Warong Penyet @ The Curve and then shopping at Padini right after. I browsed back my old blog and it was quoted:
"After dinner, we shopped around. Amazingly, Greg is quite handy at times when you go shopping because he gives a lot of comments and ideas on which to choose. Some guys just follow you around and keep quiet. So boring!"
Ok... funny thing is, now I find it irritating and I wish I could slap his mouth!
3) 2008 also marks the year I visited and fell in love with Jolvin's new mansion which includes 3 Jacuzzis, 1 Sauna, 1 big Koi pond from his garden that links to his living room, a Cinema room and of cos, his BMW 7 Series (in which he offered me a lift by asking his dad to pick me up)
I asked him a dozen of times why of all girls, he doesn't want me. Hehe. Ok don't puke. But if he suddenly tells me he likes me, I'll be the one puking instead.
4) The most fun Birthday surprise I planned for Singaporean's Bday is to pakat with colleagues to buy him a shirt and a boxer and to put inside a Fedex courier box and left it at the guard house for him to pick it up. I even created a fake person with some supplier's address & phone.
He thought the non-existent "Felicia Hiao" is his secret admirer.
How stupid! He even called the number and we had to get an ex-colleague to call him to pretend it was her! The whole office spent the whole day pranking him but it was indeed the most brilliant Bday surprise for the year!
5) When I first joined this company, I was an assistant to the Biscuits Division which holds Cream-O (Oreo look-alike) and Magic. After a good 4 months in that division, I had a change of Portfolio from Biscuits to Snacks. Being in the transition period and doing a much bigger portfolio was indeed not easy at all.
With the close monitoring on the launching of new products, it made my journey even more difficult.
Everything was so critical when you hold one of the company's backbone brands and my brand being a regional brand name, there are a lot of limitations to it. Everynight, I would come home crying because of the rocky roads I had along the way.
6) In January, I hung out with Greg a couple of times and it was truly and solely hanging out like friends. This time, I bugged him to bring me to Yut Kee @ Jalan Dang Wangi because I wanted to eat their Hainanese Pork Chop and appararently he knew the way. So must make use of him! Haha. The 1st time I travelled to Yut Kee was with Vincent which I took LRT to KL alone :(
I was disappointed beause the food was served quite cold. Memalukan orang dan makanan Hainanese! I'm a 100% Hainanese somemore okay! That was also the last time I went there.
7) My first Valentine gift for all the ladies in my department is an edible high quality Rose chocolate from Eiling's company.
The ladis were all happy but the men were all sad cos they got nothing.
I never liked Valentine's Day because you get to see everyone receiving flowers while you'll be the one left out always. As in for 22 years already. Sigh.
8) URC's regional meeting is held every quarterly but is seldom in Malaysia but this year, we got lucky because Malaysia got to host it @ Parkroyal KL. It was a very tiring meeting as we had to set up the whole meeting room with all the products beautifully displayed and had to be PR personnels for Directors, GMs from China, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Manila, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia. Most importantly, we got to meet the CEO, President and Chairman of JG Summit (URC is a subsidiary company) and those are one of the most richest men in the Philipines. Even the Parkroyal Director or something came down to shake hands and greet the CEO.
We were lucky to be able to take pictures with the Gokongwei family (JG Summit is a family business) which is equivilant to YTL or Berjaya here.
I got to have dinner together with the Gokongwei on the same table because practically everyone was scared to sit with them. The GM of URC Philipines invited me to sit with him along with the Gokongwei family and it was indeed an honor for me. We even went to Aloha after that for some drinks and I decided to fall down in front of the youngest Gokongwei and bruised my knee. Oh Gawd!
9) Went to Malacca the most number of times in a year - 5 times! 2 was for work while the other 3 was personal. The funniest thing was that apparently out of the 5 times, 3 of them was when I fought with Greg and decided to leave him by running away to Malacca for a short get away.
I love Chicken Rice Balls, Satay Celup and Jonker Walk!
I think I go to Malacca a lot more than the times I go back to my hometown in Ipoh. Opps.
10) Did my first ever commercial which features local band One Buck Short for Roller Coaster. The shoot lasted for 16 hours from 8am till 12am. Though it was tiring, it was a very good experience for me to have done one commercial which I'm sure certain people will never get to experience this.
One Buck Short eating Roller Coaster
11) Became one of the partners for One Buck Short's album release attended by press and media @ Laundry, The Curve in which Roller Coaster got featured in a few magazines and newspapers.
Again, one of a lifetime experience having an event like this
12) Appeared in The Star to tumpang glamour after sister got a First Class & a Veledictorian which The Star highlighted that her achievements are influenced by her SISTERS.
Hoho I got 2nd upper also get to appear here. Not Bad.
13) Singaporean resigned from URC so we decided to give him a surprise farewell again. This time, it was secretly held in Port Dickson and we managed to get him to PD all by himself without him having a clue we rented a boungalow to throw a farewell for him!
Every single one of us turned up for his farewell (including spouses). That shows how much we love our Singaporean.
Also my first time on the Banana Boat during the trip.
Singaporean's resignation has impacted my life in a lot of ways. He was like a brother to me so I actually cried many times when he left. I still do keep in touch with him and apparently I know I'm one of those very few ones he still replies to whenever I contacted him. It's been half a year now but still missing him..... sigh.
14) Shortly after Singaporean left, Jane gave her resignation letter and left 3 months later. Just like Singaporean, Jane has been very supportive of me and was like a sister to me most the time. If she's not my sister, she's actually my direct superior for almost 8 months while trying her very best to train and guide me to manage the brand independently. I'd say who I am now I need to really thank her. My Boss once mentioned that the way I work is just like hers, very disciplined and efficient in our work.
For her farewell, I customized a trophy and a certificate for her as 'URC's Most Happening Mama'. She indeed does not look like a mother at her age and figure. Nevertheless, we spent her farewell by crying and tearing as she is a Big Sister for a lot of us. Suddenly, I just felt like I was all alone and empty after she and Singaporean left.... till now, it still feels that way.
15) My first 'Zhi Mui' experience was during my boss's wedding in October. It was such a sweaty and busy day in Seremban followed by the dinner the next day in Jaya Palace.
The Zhi Mui angpow we got was not too bad. Hehe.
16) Spent my first Birthday away from home to Penang for a 3 nights get away and actually gone to Kek Lok Si Temple during my Birthday itself -.-"
Posing with myself, The Tigress
The hotel I stayed at in Penang had a Jacuzzi in the room so I really enjoyed myself bathing most of the time. Haha.
17) Desktop was stolen when the company got broke into and changed 4 computers in a year. Now, I'm permanently using a new Dell Vostro laptop which I need to carry every single working day.
Check out my wallpaper - Alsolut Masquerade.
18) Celebrated my first ever Christmas in Imperial Hotel. Suddenly became 'orang atasan' and the best part was free flow of sashimi and cold prawns! I love prawns!
I love the way they serve their Sushi. So artistic and nice.
19) Celebrated Xmas Eve just like old times with closed frens at the comfort of Calvin's BIG house. This year was also very special as Tung Jern came home after 2 years from US for just a few weeks. I deeply missed that guy! Also my very good brother!
The most important person TJ is not in this picture. Haha Tai Sei!
Oklah post one picture of him:
Doing stupid and embarassing things at all times - Begging in front of a wine shop @ Bangsar Shopping Centre. U can always see the very immature and childish side of me whenever I'm with him.
20) Leaving the Best for last, the highlight of year 2008 is that I was attached to Greg. I know there's nothing to shout about. Though I called our relationship off TWICE due to our heated fights, we reconciled shortly after because we both know we still love each other. It has not been a smooth ride for both of us as there were many heartbreaks and heartaches along the way. Things are currently very rocky between us I don't even know if I should call it off as I'm tired of his 'Greg-is-always-right' attitude. It has always been about him and only him.
I'm going to smile like nothings wrong, talk like everythings perfect, act like its just a dream and pretend that he's not hurting me.